10AM PT, 1PM ET
In March 2020, as thousands of public sector workers shifted to remote work almost overnight, few would have guessed they would remain there for months. What followed was a real-world litmus test for whether government employees could effectively serve the public from home.
They passed with flying colors.
Now, public sector work has forever been altered, with many government leaders predicting a hybrid workforce in which some employees shift between the office and home, and some remain remote full time. After generations of in-office work, this massive long-term shift prompts critical questions that government leaders must be prepared to answer, including:
- Who will pay for workspace, equipment and connectivity?
- Are employees responsible for maintaining privacy of data? Does everyone need a VPN? What other security solutions need to be in place?
- What mobile devices are needed?
- How do we ensure employee morale remains high?
- How do we effectively manage fully remote employees?
Tune in to Government Technology’s first Future of Work conversation on January 27 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET to find out answers to these questions and more.